Thursday 6 August 2009

Truck caricature ....

Earlier this year I did a series of caricatures of the family and staff of a statewide trucking company to commemorate their 40th Anniversary.
To mark the occasion they had one of the caricatures painted on their newest truck - nice little byline.
The company, Marley's Transport, at one time were the Guinness World record holders for the longest Road Train. One of their Kenworth's hauled 45 trailers measuring 610 metres for 8 kilometers - hell of a job to back that !

9 comments:

Anthony Pascoe said...

Looks real good on the truck Terry...you should have your website plastered on the thing as well. Did they make a sticker out of the Caricature and paint around it ?

Bãpp said...

great job Terry,
jan:)

Tony Mac said...

Looks fantastic on the truck, that looks quite a size any problems enlarging to that size ?

john said...

fantastic work Terry...want to do one for my old van ?????

Unknown said...

Thanks guys.

Anthony - they cropped off my website details in the process - which peed me off a bit. Having said that I've had two more jobs off them since and more to come. The word of mouth stuff is worth its weight.
Not sure how they did it as I've only seen the photos - I'm assuming a sticker.

Tony - It was A2 .psd file at 300 dpi so any enlarging wouldn't lose much.

Kelly Gannon said...

Now that is cool Tel! Congradulations!

Niall O loughlin said...

Top job Tel,you really are on top of your game, I'd hate to be competing against you!

Unknown said...

Cheers Kelly - it'll be unusual to see one of my caricatures driving around !

Thanks Niall - you'd have no problems mate, in fact I'm glad your in Dublin.

hanzz said...

Now you have an add for your business moving across the country..
Now you'll have to stop sleeping or eating, everyone will want one.
Who would not like to paste a truck on a Tel'caricature ?
Congrats old mate.