Thursday 20 November 2008

More at the Con'

One of the great things about the NCN convention is the great characters you meet this is one,  Kid Cardona, originally from Texas and now a resident of China where he runs a thriving caricature business. Pictured here conducting the final night auction .... the wild west is not dead !!
One of the really nice people at the convention was Liesbeth Beckers  AKA Leesbat. She hails from Belgium, speaks five languages, picked up a studio piece award. Nice lady.
Gee I struggle with one language !!!

Yours truly with Bisch - a walking drawing factory - and Scott Hamilton NCN treasurer and accent and language collector. Great people .......
With the entire trip lasting almost 7 weeks I have over 1000 photos off two cameras more to come when I do some sorting.

9 comments:

Marion said...

Yes, Liesbeth sure is fun to hang around with!
Good to see you had so much fun, I sure wanted to be there too...
Your humble offerings were not so humble in my opinion.

Unknown said...

It's great to be home Marion -the NCN Con was certainly a great experience and I'll do another - don't know when though.
Liesbeth is certainly a star - great sense of humour - she's got the best Aussie accent ever to come out of Begium ...................

Matt Ryder said...

Looking forward to seeing more photos of you and the beard club !!
Great stuff on your wall Terry, very impressive !

Unknown said...

Cheers Matt - thanks - yes we'd sure struggle to get Gillette to sponsor the NCN !
You've got to go to one - intimidating but inspiring.

Niall O loughlin said...

Miss our smokes together, glad you got home safe!

Matt Ryder said...

There is absolutley now way I am missing the next one ! Hopefully in a years time my stuff will have progressed aswell, so it will be a good time for me to attend.
All the best mate.

Unknown said...

You'll love it Matt - start that beard now !!

Ssshhh Niall - I thought we were both non smokers.
It was the influence of the tattooed one I blame ........

Rick Wright said...

Hey Tel,

It was great meeting you at the con. I LOVE the caricature you did of me. And the others as well. I agree with Marion, they were not so humbling, they are top shelf! I'm picking out a frame right to hang it on my wall of Me in mt studio.
Thanks!!

Unknown said...

Cheers Rick - I appreciate that, great to meet you also - pity you had to do a midnight runner !!
Have a copy of your caricature here and will give it the full colour and digital treatment when the Xmas rush is over ..... those paper one's never seem finished !!!